Depending on the brand and when it was built, you will find the model number in different places. When you purchase a new piece of equipment, your dealer should have a record of the equipment model and serial number. If you can’t get the information from your dealer, equipment models can be found in the following places:
Mowers and other equipment:
- Underneath the seat.
- On the frame, either near the seat or under the engine area.
- The base of the deck.
- A sticker is usually on the shroud that covers the top of the engine.
- The information may be etched on the block.
- Overhead valve engines may have the information stamped on the valve cover.
- On older engines, the information is stamped on a tag or shroud.
- Smaller engines may have the information stamped on a plate that is over the muffler.